Monday, July 12, 2010

The Tiniest of Dancers

Aine's very first Dance Concert was this weekend!  She did a great job, had a great time, and just might continue taking dance classes in the Fall.  I wasn't sure that was how it was going to go...
I had to wake her up from her nap Saturday evening to get her ready to leave the house.  Putting tights on a still-sleeping, combative three-year-old is not an easy task, especially for a tired momma who is 8.5 months pregnant!  But we managed.  She kept telling me to leave her alone.  I kept reminding her that she had her dance show that Tia, Uncle B, and Miss Kathleen were all coming to see.  I had to promise to let her bring a blanket in the car as incentive to get out the door.  I told her she didn't ever have to dance again, but she had to dance that night.
As we pulled in to the parking lot by the amphitheare where they performed, I pointed to the bandshell and showed her all of her class in their pink leotards on the stage (we were, of course, a few minutes late...and they must have started rehearsal a couple minutes early).  "Is that MY stage?!" she asked, ever so enthusiastically.  "Yep, that's your stage," I told her.

So here is her big debut.  She was quite the hit among the parents in the audience.  I feel a little bad that some families might not have been watching their own kids because they were too busy watching mine instead.  (She's the littlest one, first one in on the right)



Daddy had a bit of a difficult time keeping the camera steady for laughing.

After the concert, I asked her again if she wanted to take more dance classes again and she was a little more enthusiastic about it.  Fall session starts in August, so we'll see if she asks about it at all in the interim.  She was just so cute, I hate to see her quit!

No comments:

Post a Comment