Friday, July 9, 2010

Radio Silence

When I'm in town, or not too far outside, I typically listen to the Christian station that broadcasts out of Nashville when I'm in my car.  I have noticed that, periodically, there will be a burst of radio silence between pieces.  At first, I thought, "man, these guys need to get their act together, everybody knows silence is the worst thing for a radio station."  But then I thought better of it.  I don't know if this is their intention, but I decided to use those 'moments of silence' for prayer and reflection.  I should send an inquiry...and note of thanks.

On another note, there's been a good bit of 'radio silence' on my end.  Not for any major reason other than, oh, the fact that I am within the month of the anticipated arrival of my second child and spending nearly every moment that I am not at my job working dilligently to prepare my nest, paying attention to the big sister, and trying to rest. 

This weekend I have a dear friend coming to town to provide me with a prenatal massage.  Aine's (outdoor!) dance recital is Saturday evening.  And I'm hoping to see my brother and his lady, since they're going to try to make it to the dance show.
Do you have summer weekend plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment