Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Birthday Girl

My little girl turned 3.  Correction, my BIG girl turned 3.  She asks me sometimes, "Why did you call me 'baby'?  I'm a big girl."  For the longest time she would tell me she wasn't a big girl, she was a little girl. 

You'll always be my baby.

The cake was a 4-layer strawberry cake with chocolate frosting.  And I made the mistake of decorating it with spray-can frosting.  Next time I'm sticking with the piping bag!  I called the cake a 'chocolate-covered strawberry cake.'  It's entirely from a box. 
Incredibly simple decor:
~ Home-made banner
~ Helium balloons
~ Some pictures of the guest of honor displayed around the piano, which served as a present table
~ Potted gerbera daisy that vaguely matched the color scheme & will be relocated to the flower bed this weekend
The color scheme was inspired by the cake.
We 'feasted' on grilled pork tenderloin with fruit & veggie kabobs.  The pork spent a day soaking in a mustard-ginger-lime-pineapple-garlic marinade.  The kabobs had cherry tomato, onion, pineapple, and banana.  I also grilled up some drumsticks.  I must have been incredibly hungry by the time everything was ready because even the simple salad (romaine, spinach, tomato, cucumber) tasted amazing!

I was in charge of the food, while Dad provided the entertainment.  Here he is, leading a "canjo" sing-along.  Other activities included:
~ Chicken wrangling
~ WiiSports tournament
~ Snake handling



Don't you wish you'd been there?!

No comments:

Post a Comment